The Badlands Art Association is dedicated to promoting the visual arts in western North Dakota. Badlands Art Association (BAA) was founded in 1970 by community artists. The group has been hosting the annual Badlands Arts Show.
We celebrate the arts in western North Dakota.
Since 1970, Badlands Art Association has organized an annual judged fine art show with money and ribbon awards.
The fine art show is open to all artists and young student artists.
Typically, the fine art show is held the first weekend of November.
We welcome new members.
A one-year membership is $20 per individual, $25 per family, and $5 per student.
Download the BAA-Membership-Application
Mail Membership applications to:
The Badlands Art Association
PO Box 502
Dickinson, ND 58601
*Corporate Sponsors’ contributions go to our annual art show and other art activities the BAA sponsors throughout the year. Businesses will be listed on our website.
Email : baa @ badlandsarts.com
Find out more about BAA, current activities, and announcements for local and area art shows in our Newsletter.Current BAA OFFICERS
President: Tod M Winter
Vice President: Sarah Anderson
Secretary: Ruth Heley
Treasurer: Jan Stromsborg
Webmaster and Publicity: Darla Hueske
Newsletter: Jan Stromsborg
Summer Workshop Coordinator: Cherie Roshau
Grant Writers: Rebecca Ferderer and Ruth Heley
Fall Art Show Chairpersons: Cherie Roshau and Tod M Winter
Opportunities to serve: Badlands Art Association
If you are interested in serving in the following areas, please contact us.
- Public Relations writer: place news releases and stories with newspapers, radio
- Designer to design and proofread show booklet, and other printed materials
- create and mail a bi-monthly newsletter
- create graphic arts promotional pieces
- Social Media help: post notices and promo announcements on Facebook
- Photographer! Take photos at the fall show, and other events. The camera needs to be high resolution enough for use in printed media (300 dpi)
- Annual Fall Show help: This includes organizing the opening reception; decorating; hospitality; printed ballots, and title cards; ordering and picking up ribbons; securing silent auction baskets.
- Grant writer (we have past examples)
- Workshops: help as needed: coordinating arrangements, helping people register when they arrive.