The Badlands Art Association is dedicated to promoting the visual arts in western North Dakota. Badlands Art Association (BAA) was founded in 1970 by community artists. The group has been hosting the annual Badlands Arts Show.
We celebrate the arts in western North Dakota.
Since 1970, Badlands Art Association has organized an annual judged fine art show with money and ribbon awards.
The fine art show is open to all artists and young student artists.
Typically, the fine art show is held the first weekend of November.
We welcome new members.
A one year membership is $20 per individual, $25 per family and $5 per student.
Download the BAA-Membership-Application
Mail Membership applications to:
The Badlands Art Association
PO Box 502
Dickinson, ND 58601
*Corporate sponsors contributions go to our annual art show and other art activities the BAA sponsors through out the year. Businesses will be listed on our website.
Find out more about BAA, current activities, announcements for local and area art shows in our Newsletter.Current BAA OFFICERS
- President: Janelle Stoneking
- Vice President: Sara Welk-Anderson
- Secretary: Dawn Brose-Jerome
- Treasurer: Kyla Bratz
- Webmaster & Publicity: Darla Hueske
- Newsletter: TBA
- Social Media: Darla Hueske
- Summer Workshops Coordinator: Linda Renaud
- Grant Writer: Kyla Bratz
- Fall Art Show chairperson: Darice Taylor
Opportunities to serve: Badlands Art Association
If you are interested in serving in the following areas, please contact us.
- Public Relations writer: place news releases and stories with newspapers, radio
- Designer to design and proofread show booklet, other printed materials
- create and mail bi-monthly newsletter
- create graphic arts promotional pieces
- Social Media help: post notices and promo announcements on Facebook
- Photographer! Take photos at fall show, other events. Camera needs to be high resolution enough for use in printed media (300 dpi)
- Annual Fall Show help: This includes organizing the opening reception; decorating; hospitality; printed ballots, title cards; ordering and picking up ribbons; securing silent auction baskets.
- Grant writer (we have past examples)
- Workshops: help as needed: coordinating arrangements, helping people register when they arrive.