ARTFUL NATURAL EARTH CONTEST ND 2021
STUDENT ART SHOW AND COMPETITION – FIVE SPECIAL JUDGE’S AWARDS
- Open to all students entering the BAA Student Art Show
- Art will consist of any media and size. Must be ready to hang.
- Artwork will be hung with the appropriate grade divisions and identified with the 4×6 index card attached to the entry
- All artwork will represent native species to the United States and found in North Dakota. This may need some research.
- One entry per student.
Five categories: One $50 award in each category
- Mammals, reptiles, or amphibians
- Plants and flowers
- Aquatic life
A 4×6 index card should be submitted with each entry explaining why you liked the subject and why, in your opinion you think it is important to our ecosystem. This won’t influence the judge. It will identify your entry in this contest. Include your name, address, age and school attended.
Call for Entry forms will be mailed out to BAA members and to the mailing list in August.
If you do not receive an entry form they can be picked up at JP FrameShop Western Edge Gallery – 6 West Villard, Dickinson, ND 58601, Dickinson Public Library.
The entry form can be downloaded here: 2021 51st BAA Entry FINAL
Watercolor Wax Batik with Linda Renaud
Thursday – Saturday, June 17 – 19, 2021 in Dickinson, ND
Diving into Watercolor wax batik with Linda Renaud. Watercolor wax batik uses several unique materials and processes.
Workshop At A Glance Day 1 starts at 4PM to 8PM Day 2 and Day 3 starts at 9AM to 4PM
The process of watercolor wax batik will be explained, demonstrated and practiced in this hands-on, intensive workshop. Learn how to select the best photos to work from, plan your painting, build the multiple layers of wax and watercolor and then do the final batiking and the “reveal.” Topics covered will include:
- Recognizing Value Changes (light to dark)
- Essential Shapes – choosing what is needed and what can be left out
- Review of Color – color harmonies, analogous & complementary colors
- Planning Your Painting; First Wax Application – and Initial Wash of Watercolor
- Finalizing the planning stages; Building Up the Layers
- Batiking your painting
- The “Reveal” – removing the wax, sharing the results
- Mounting your painting for greater stability
Linda paints in watercolor, watercolor wax batik, acrylic and mixed media.
The workshop flyer with more details. BAA Diving in to Watercolor Wax Batik
1 CEU CREDIT through UND This workshop qualifies for 1 CEU through UND for K-12 art teachers. $50 for credit hour will be paid directly to UND: Click to Register on UND secure online registration. ART 2900: Watercolor Wax Batik with Linda Renaud.
*Please note, Darla Hueske is the “sponsoring” instructor for the CEU credits. Linda Renaud will be teaching the full course workshop.
Workshop Location Trinity High School Art RoomDickinson, ND 1 CEU available.
Open to high school students through adults. Workshop details can be found in the registration form. DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM HERE