Watercolor Wax Batik with Linda Renaud
Thursday – Saturday, June 17 – 19, 2021 in Dickinson, ND
Diving into Watercolor wax batik with Linda Renaud. Watercolor wax batik uses several unique materials and processes.
Workshop At A Glance Day 1 starts at 4PM to 8PM Day 2 and Day 3 starts at 9AM to 4PM
The process of watercolor wax batik will be explained, demonstrated and practiced in this hands-on, intensive workshop. Learn how to select the best photos to work from, plan your painting, build the multiple layers of wax and watercolor and then do the final batiking and the “reveal.” Topics covered will include:
- Recognizing Value Changes (light to dark)
- Essential Shapes – choosing what is needed and what can be left out
- Review of Color – color harmonies, analogous & complementary colors
- Planning Your Painting; First Wax Application – and Initial Wash of Watercolor
- Finalizing the planning stages; Building Up the Layers
- Batiking your painting
- The “Reveal” – removing the wax, sharing the results
- Mounting your painting for greater stability
Linda paints in watercolor, watercolor wax batik, acrylic and mixed media.
The workshop flyer with more details. BAA Diving in to Watercolor Wax Batik
1 CEU CREDIT through UND This workshop qualifies for 1 CEU through UND for K-12 art teachers. $50 for credit hour will be paid directly to UND: Reference Session
Workshop Location Trinity High School Art RoomDickinson, ND 1 CEU available.
Open to high school students through adults. Workshop details can be found in the registration form. DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM HERE